Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I got my nails painted yesterday using an OPI polish, and today the polish has started to crack. Why?

It's not chipping, but there are cracks in it. Anyone know what causes this and how to prevent it? The lady who did them used a base coat first, then two coats of color, then a top coat.I got my nails painted yesterday using an OPI polish, and today the polish has started to crack. Why?
OPI is a professional polish as I have used it on clients myself. If you are rough enough on that nail then even with the clear coat on it, it can began to peal. I would suggest that you go back let them know that you just got your nails done yesterday and that for some reason they are cracking already. As suggested earlier the polish may have been old, and when polish gets old it tends to dry out causing ineffectiveness of the product. Good Luck!!!!I got my nails painted yesterday using an OPI polish, and today the polish has started to crack. Why?
Either it was old or you've done too much with your hands. I'd bet if you went back a complained politely they'd repaint the messed up ones for you.


OPI is wonderful, but when it gets old it gets gloppy and gross like any other polish.
OPI is NOT cheap polish for those saying so. You probably just hit your nail on something and it began to crack, it's happened to me before. I'm sure if you go back they will fix it.
Could be that the polish was old but did you have them under heat or under a lot of stress. Like water or something? Should not have happened. I would go back and show her.
Well every nailpolish wills do that If you scrap you're nail or something.





Mark. - OPI is a professional brand. 7 bucks a bottle.
She probably put too much polish on at a time. If you put to much on air bubbles get trapped and when it dries the bubbles make cracks. Or she didn't let the coats dry individually first.
Your waring cheap polish, get something that won't ware off so easily
probably because its cheap nail Polish (dollar store) lol =)
use clear one on top as well

No comments:

Post a Comment